This policy sets out the different areas where your privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, our website and website owners.
We also detail the way we process, store and protect your data and information.
We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to your computer’s hard drive. They track, save and store information about your interactions and use of the website. This allows us to provide you with a tailored experience on this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
If you want to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to your computer’s hard drive, you should take necessary steps within your web browser’s security settings (for example Chrome or Firefox) to block all cookies from this website and our external serving vendors.
Your personal information
While using our website, software applications or services, we may ask you to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, learner database and marketing material.
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. By providing telephone or email details, you consent to The Blackford Centre contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you want a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at Support @ inst.org
How we collect and use information
How do we collect information?
The Blackford Centre collects information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”) When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”) depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
How long do we keep your data for?
The Blackford Centre will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold on to the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Support team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
The Blackford Centre will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information, and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to The Blackford Centre by contacting our customer services team at Support@inst.org. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by The Blackford Centre regarding your profile at any time. If you have shared any information with others through social media, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can update us on your details at any point by contacting our Support team.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact our Support team.
We regularly review how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.